Resources and Information
Trained Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Advisors for Reporting Individuals
The Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct (SGBM) Advisor is a Skidmore Community staff or faculty member appointed by the Dean of Student Affairs who is trained to support the Reporting Individual.
- While students can elect not to use an SGBM Advisor, students are strongly encouraged to choose and to work with an SGBM Advisor.
- SGBM Advisors are available at the request of the Reporting Individual.
- Reporting Individuals may choose from a diverse list of potential SGBM Advisors and may switch SGBM Advisors at any point should they choose.
- SGBM Advisors provide information and advice regarding the College’s Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Policy and the Campus Conduct process.
- The SGBM Advisor may assist the Reporting Individual throughout the Campus Conduct Process, including being present at the conduct review panel. SGBM Advisors may not speak at the review panel.
- In consultation with other College officials or faculty members where appropriate, an SGBM Advisor may assist in arranging accommodations which may include:
- Change of on-campus student housing to different on-campus location
- Exam (paper, assignment) rescheduling
- Taking an incomplete in a class
- Transferring of sections
- Alternative course completion options
As part of their positions at Skidmore College, individuals designated as Victim Advocates work to support and assist victims of sexual misconduct. Students who have experienced sexual misconduct can seek help from Victim Advocates knowing that those staff members will not report identifying details about the assault. This status is not legally protected in the same way that disclosures to mental health or health care providers or college chaplains are.
Director, Health Promotion
Prevention Specialist, Health Promotion